We all know how food storage containers have made our lives easy. They help us preserve our leftovers and long-term foods. Having food storage containers enables us to access food items in times of need, or just temporarily store some staple goods and organize the food purchases. There will always be the right type of food containers available for virtually any food item to be stored. However, there are times when even the most useful product will turn out to be annoying when stored in huge quantity. Cluttered storage of food containers may cause chaos and give you a great deal of hassle when accessing them.
Since most food containers are used on an on-and-off basis depending on when you want to store food items, it is not very prudent to just throw them away. They should always be accessible and organized. Organizing storage containers will help one to access food items when you need them and provide them a longer shelf life. Here are top 3 best food storage containers reviews:
#1. OXO Good Grips Airtight POP Container review
This food storage container is the perfect solution to storing any of your dry foods. It has push-button tops for easy access. The lids create an airtight seal on the containers.POP Containers are among OXO Good Grips’ most famous items. The one of a kind push-catch component in every cover gives an impermeable seal with only one touch for one-gave opening and shutting.
Intended to effectively stack with other OXO Good Grips POP containers, they enable you to easily arrange your kitchen without squandering ledge or rack space. The unmistakable body likewise gives you a chance to perceive what’s inside initially. Basically, push the catch again to discharge the cover and the “catch” pops up, giving you a handle to lift the top. Produced using solid, without BPA plastic, POP containers are perfect for anybody with restricted finesse or little hands, who may think that it’s difficult to grasp and turn covers from jugs or peel the tops from Tupperware. Pop Container tops likewise fall apart for simple cleaning. Their rounded tops also make it easy to pour certain foods straight out of the container. In addition to this, you can see right through them so you’ll know when you are running low on your dry food items.
#2. Snapware Glasslock containers Review
If you want a more permanent solution to food storage, then you can skip all plastic containers and check out Snapware Glasslock containers. These glass containers are microwave safe–including the plastic lids. They do not discolor even when tested with a food infamous for staining dishware–tomato sauce. That is, the glass containers did not stain, but the plastic lids did show a little discoloring only when microwaved with tomato sauce. The lids on these puppies are also highly efficient, creating an air tight seal around on the container. The only thing you have to look out for is dish washing. When the kids were put in the dishwasher they became more difficult to snap on to the glass containers.
#3. Rubbermaid Premier Review
premier is very a well-known company with a long list of rubber and plastic products under their belts. They have many different types of food storage containers, the most one of which is listed as a “best of” on many websites. Rubbermaid Lock-Its have been tested and proven to be the most durable and airtight plastic containers on the market. They come quite a few sizes so you can store very small portions, mid-sized portions, and larger portions. Gaskets on the lids lock onto the bases around the sides of the lid. They are wonderful at keeping air, which means that your leftover spaghetti will not dry out or pick up strange new tastes from other foods that you have stored in your fridge. In addition to this, when tested they were shown to bend, dent, and break far less than other plastic food storage containers.
You can follow these tips to help you efficiently to organize food storage containers.
- Lay your entire collection of food containers and their lids on top of the counter or kitchen table. Assess which ones you can still reuse, give away or get rid of especially containers that are damaged, broken or do not have a partner. Determine which of them you may still need and just get rid of those which you never use.
- Put a label on each food storage container, that shows the name of the food item stored and its expiration date, using a permanent marker. It is very important to label food items that are stored outside of its original manufacturer’s container.
- Categorize your food items based on the food group. Example, you can group condiments (like salt, mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, chili sauce and relish) together.
- Organize and keep all food containers and lids in one area, say in a kitchen drawer or cupboard with enough space to stack, arrange it conveniently to access them. It is easier to keep them organized when there is enough space. Make sure that they are stored in a dry, dark room where the temperature does not change often.
- If you run out of space to store your food containers, then create more spaces where you can store them. A great option would be to keep them under the bed, inside the closet, extra drawers, or even the garage. Refrain from keeping foods entirely on the floor since food containers made from metal may rust over time and other storage containers can easily be infested by insects.
- Another great solution to organizing your food storage containers is not to add more containers from take-outs. You do not actually need too many containers to keep them all in. If there are containers which you would no longer use, you can give them away to your local recycling center and have it recycled.
The Advantages Of Food Storage Containers
Food containers come in many forms, and these forms depend upon their intended use, whether designed to be microwaveable and durable or simply just for storage of food to be transferred to different containers when the right time comes. Microwaveable plastic containers are highly popular and sometimes have rubberized sides with clamps to keep food fresh, whereas there are glass containers with heavy duty lids that are designed for consistent use and are guaranteed to serve families for many years.
For storage of vegetables, there are special bags that allow these items to still have proper air circulation in order to keep the vegetables fresh and ready to serve or cook. When purchasing food containers, it is best to research the types of molding, density and temperature tolerance of these containers in order to determine which containers are appropriate for their intended purpose.
For households that use dishwashers due to time constraints, there are readily available containers that store food and are dishwasher safe, meaning they can take the varying temperatures of dishwashers as well during the washing process. Households that have larger numbers of individuals are sure to patronize these types of containers as maintenance for long term use is a major consideration.
Online purchases of food containers may be the best option as the varieties of products online can make for better options depending upon one’s needs. There are also good bargains on pricing online, and these are usually for delivery directly to the household, a necessary convenience for the busier individuals.
Wholesale purchasing of food products has become the trend for many economically conscious families, and containers to store these food products are highly popular today. Good quality food containers may be a little on the costly side upon an initial layout for the purchase, but in the long term can save money when avoiding unnecessary food spoilage.